CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY:
The Calumet Art Center does not refund class fees unless we cancel the class. A student who does not make it to the class will be given a credit for the fee amount that can be used for any other class we offer that will be good for 90 days.
MISSION STATEMENT The Mission of Calumet Art Center, Inc. is to create a safe learning environment where art, culture, and history inspire and challenge people of the Keweenaw.
Calumet Art Center creates a rare integration of human creativity and scholarship that strengthens an appreciation of historic and cultural values and encourages varied modes of unique expression.
The Calumet Art Center has entered a period of change, growth and restructuring. We appreciate the support of our community and all it has given us in the past and hope you will continue with us as we enter this new period. We need the support and assistance of everyone to strengthen our mission, purpose and goals.
Some of the many ways you can support the Calumet Art Center include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching. Share your artistic expertise by teaching a class, either of adults or youth.
- Art work. Bring in your art pieces to sell in our gallery using our consignment policy.
- VOLUNTEER. We need volunteers to staff the gallery, help in the office, clean, assist with youth classes, work during First Fridays and fundraisers, etc.
- Grant writing. If this is your area of expertise, we can certainly use your help with finding possible grants and helping with the writing.
- Membership. Become a member of the organization with an annual membership.
- Board of Directors. We welcome qualified individuals who share our goals and are willing to give time and effort into running the organization.
- Donations. Consider a monetary donation or contribute items on our “wish list”.
If you are willing and able to share your time through any of these possibilities, please give us a call at 906-934-2228 or stop by any time Wednesday through Friday from 11 am to 4 pm or Saturday 11 am to 2 pm. We would be happy to hear your thoughts, answer any questions or share more information with you.