New and exciting classes coming to the Calumet Art Center in June. Hurry and sign up as classes fill up fast!
The bidding on the Art Auction is in full swing! If you haven’t been in yet to place your bid, you can still do so until 5 pm Friday. So many awesome items by so many talented artists. If you are out of the area and would like to participate, you can FB message or email us with your desired item. We’ll give you a bid number and record your bid. Winners will be announced at 7 pm on Friday. You need not be present.
Calumet Art Center
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Calumet, Michigan
Job Description: The Executive Director of the Calumet Art Center, a 503(c) organization, is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The mission of the Calumet Art Center is to create a safe learning environment where art, culture, and history inspire and challenge people of the Keweenaw. The executive director has responsibilities and duties in the development and administration of programs, communication, budget and finance.
Compensation and Hours: To be determined. Ideal candidate would be an artist on site with management aspirations.
Position Available Immediately.
Minimum Education Level Required: Degree preferred, but not required.
- Provide leadership in developing program organizational and financial plans with Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Assure that the Calumet Art Center has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Promote active participation of volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Maintain official records and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate effectively and fully with the Board of Directors.
- Publicize the activities, goals, and programs of the organization.
- Manage personnel-both paid staff and volunteers.
- Maintain a climate which attracts and maintains a diverse staff of quality people.
- With staff and the Board of Directors, prepare a budget and ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Conduct official correspondence of the Calumet Art Center and maintain legal documents.
- Actively seek new sources of funding for the Center, including grants, donations, partnerships, etc.
How to apply: Send application and resume to Michigan Works! Attn: Dale Veran. firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also looking for Board Members – if you are interested in art and would like to be a board member, please email Graydon at email@example.com
WE HAVE A NEW ONLINE STORE..
CLICK ON THE BEAR STUDIO AND SEE..
ART FROM THE BEAR STUDIO
Look for the tag in our gallery and more to come on our website.
This tag represents ART made by friends and volunteers
of the Calumet Art Center!
The proceeds support our
youth programs and operational expenses.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND
Each piece is One of a Kind and you may see
a slight variation in each piece.
THE CALUMET ART CENTER
RAISED & DONATED OVER $4,400
TO HELP FEED OUR LOCAL CHILDREN
Special thanks to Ed Gray, Friends & Staff of the Calumet Art Center
for many hours and dedication to this project.
THIS WAS FOR OUR CHILDREN OF THE U.P.
So much going on…
Any questions – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Keweenaw Poet
Our own Poet Loiret
Since retiring from Kellogg Community College in Battle Creek, Splake has published over eighty books of poetry and prose writings. In addition he has produced several DVD-films, many upper peninsula broadsides, and was editor of the literary journal “cliffs soundings” for four years.
Visit his Writing Room & Library located upstairs of the Calumet Art Center
Also check out his website at https://tksplake.wordpress.com/
NEW Calumet Art Center Press first edition. “if the walls could talk”
available at the Calumet Art Center.