Just two of the many beautiful items available during our Yuki Fundraiser Silent Art Auction! “Heart of Gold” by Kristy Walden and “Birchalicious” by Stephanie Wolfe. The auction runs through May 15. Stop in to see the rest!
The Calumet Art Center will be open tonight until 8 pm for First Friday. Stop in for that last minute Mother’s Day gift…or get your bid in for our Yuki Fundraiser Silent Art Auction.
Want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all those who came to the Yuki Fundraiser Silent Art Auction opener on Saturday. You can still get your bid in on any of these amazing pieces until May 15. Our hours are Wed.-Fri. 11 am to 4 pm and Sat 11 am – 2 pm. We also need to thank all of you who donated such wonderful items.
Want to help make a difference while you shop in the Amazon app, at no extra cost to you? Simply follow the instructions below to select “Calumet Art Center” as your charity and activate AmazonSmile in the app. They’ll donate a portion of your eligible mobile app purchases to us.
How it works:
- Open the Amazon app on your phone
- Select the main menu (=) & tap on “AmazonSmile” within Programs & Features
- Select “Calumet Art Center” as your charity
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app
We are so excited to have more classes and more activities in the upcoming months. But to make that happen we need YOU! We are looking for volunteers that have an interest in Art and have time to be at the Calumet Art Center. We are looking for individuals that could volunteer 3 hours a month on a Saturday! For now the hours will be from 11-2. If you are interested please contact us at 934-2228 Wednesday-Saturday! We require masks and social distancing!
The Calumet Art Center annual membership drive is in full swing and we would like to thank all of those who have responded with their support. We wouldn’t be here without you! If you haven’t received your letter, or would like another form, please message us on FB or call us at 906-934-2228.
Recent creations at the Calumet Art Center at some of our amazing classes. Creativity at its finest!
The Calumet Art Center would like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who came out and supported us at the Soup Bowl Sale Fundraiser at the Michigan House yesterday. You made it a huge success and we sold out of bowls by 2 pm. We would also like to send a HUGE THANK YOU to Sue & Tim and everyone at the Michigan House for all they did to make the day the success it was. Soup was amazing, service was excellent and the Michigan House as usual was a great supporter of the Calumet Art Center. AND we can’t forget Oren Tikkanen and the Backroom Boys for providing the entertainment.
Calumet Art Center
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Calumet, Michigan
Job Description: The Executive Director of the Calumet Art Center, a 503(c) organization, is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The mission of the Calumet Art Center is to create a safe learning environment where art, culture, and history inspire and challenge people of the Keweenaw. The executive director has responsibilities and duties in the development and administration of programs, communication, budget and finance.
Compensation and Hours: To be determined. Ideal candidate would be an artist on site with management aspirations.
Position Available Immediately.
Minimum Education Level Required: Degree preferred, but not required.
- Provide leadership in developing program organizational and financial plans with Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Assure that the Calumet Art Center has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Promote active participation of volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Maintain official records and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate effectively and fully with the Board of Directors.
- Publicize the activities, goals, and programs of the organization.
- Manage personnel-both paid staff and volunteers.
- Maintain a climate which attracts and maintains a diverse staff of quality people.
- With staff and the Board of Directors, prepare a budget and ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Conduct official correspondence of the Calumet Art Center and maintain legal documents.
- Actively seek new sources of funding for the Center, including grants, donations, partnerships, etc.
How to apply: Send application and resume to Michigan Works! Attn: Dale Veran. firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also looking for Board Members – if you are interested in art and would like to be a board member, please email Graydon at email@example.com
WE HAVE A NEW ONLINE STORE..
THE CALUMET ART CENTER
RAISED & DONATED OVER $4,400
TO HELP FEED OUR LOCAL CHILDREN
Special thanks to Ed Gray, Friends & Staff of the Calumet Art Center
for many hours and dedication to this project.
THIS WAS FOR OUR CHILDREN OF THE U.P.
So much going on…
Any questions – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org