ARTISTS..CRAFTERS..BAKERS..MAKERS!! Exhibit and promote your wares at the Fall Market this Saturday, September 19 from 10 am to 4 pm at the Calumet Art Center in the Big Green Church. Call 906-934-2228 now to learn how to participate!
Watercolors for adults and kids in September with Donna Lenard.
The Calumet Art Center will be holding a Fall Market on Saturday, September 19 from 10 am to 4pm. We will have tables for vendors both inside and outside in the garden. Tables will once again be only $10 and are available on a first-come, first serve basis.
We hope you will consider joining us that day with your very special art. Please call the Art Center at 906-934-2228 asap and let us know if you are interested in participating and where you would like to be set up. In case of inclement weather, we have space inside for all.
September Stained Glass with Laura Hamlett
Great work at Tuesday’s Interchangeable Flat Lamp Class with Laura Hamlett. Thank you Laura! And thank you ladies!
Recent creations at the Calumet Art Center at some of our amazing classes. Creativity at its finest!
The Calumet Art Center would like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who came out and supported us at the Soup Bowl Sale Fundraiser at the Michigan House yesterday. You made it a huge success and we sold out of bowls by 2 pm. We would also like to send a HUGE THANK YOU to Sue & Tim and everyone at the Michigan House for all they did to make the day the success it was. Soup was amazing, service was excellent and the Michigan House as usual was a great supporter of the Calumet Art Center. AND we can’t forget Oren Tikkanen and the Backroom Boys for providing the entertainment.
Calumet Art Center
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Calumet, Michigan
Job Description: The Executive Director of the Calumet Art Center, a 503(c) organization, is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The mission of the Calumet Art Center is to create a safe learning environment where art, culture, and history inspire and challenge people of the Keweenaw. The executive director has responsibilities and duties in the development and administration of programs, communication, budget and finance.
Compensation and Hours: To be determined. Ideal candidate would be an artist on site with management aspirations.
Position Available Immediately.
Minimum Education Level Required: Degree preferred, but not required.
- Provide leadership in developing program organizational and financial plans with Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Assure that the Calumet Art Center has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Promote active participation of volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Maintain official records and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate effectively and fully with the Board of Directors.
- Publicize the activities, goals, and programs of the organization.
- Manage personnel-both paid staff and volunteers.
- Maintain a climate which attracts and maintains a diverse staff of quality people.
- With staff and the Board of Directors, prepare a budget and ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Conduct official correspondence of the Calumet Art Center and maintain legal documents.
- Actively seek new sources of funding for the Center, including grants, donations, partnerships, etc.
How to apply: Send application and resume to Michigan Works! Attn: Dale Veran. email@example.com
We are also looking for Board Members – if you are interested in art and would like to be a board member, please email Graydon at firstname.lastname@example.org
WE HAVE A NEW ONLINE STORE..
THE CALUMET ART CENTER
RAISED & DONATED OVER $4,400
TO HELP FEED OUR LOCAL CHILDREN
Special thanks to Ed Gray, Friends & Staff of the Calumet Art Center
for many hours and dedication to this project.
THIS WAS FOR OUR CHILDREN OF THE U.P.
So much going on…
Any questions – email us at email@example.com